Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. Such as your contact information, CV, and profile information. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
For example, depending on the services you use, we collect:
• Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment)
• Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications
• Your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it
You can remove any of the information that GJobs.co.uk stores about you, at any time, by logging in to your ‘GJobs’ account and choosing to close the account.We automatically collect information about how you use our sites and mobile applications, the areas of our site that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device including your IP address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs. This information is necessary for providing personalized and location-based content as well as for analyzing web traffic, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
We may collect information about you from publicly-available websites.
How We Use Information
Contact and other details you supply as part of the registration process are stored by us and used to provide you with the information you have requested. By registering with GJobs, by managing your profile, by publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have agreed for us to use your information in the following ways
• To create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information collected or imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers.
• To add information gathered from public websites to your profile.
• To provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties.
• To allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create an account.
• To allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications.
• To contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates.
• To provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice.
• To inform you of other products or services available from GJobs or its affiliates.
• To enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof.
• To help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you.
• To provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers.
• To display targeted messages from employers based on the content of your CV or profile.
• To provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process.
• To provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles.
• To generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications.
• To provide customers with reports about the characteristics and trends of the job market including availability of talent.
• To allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections.
• To give search engines access to public information.
• To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
In the event that you only register your e-mail address with us in order to receive job alerts, your data will not be used for any other purpose other than to provide you with details of suitable vacancies which may arise from time to time, together with any relevant marketing communications pertaining to jobs and job advice.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect the storing of your personal data, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or any third party; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information and transferred it to a third party, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
1. To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
2. To third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
3. If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites